--On 09 August 2005 11:11 +0200, Stefan Sczekalla-Waldschmidt wrote:

for failover functionality - I'd like to use "sasync" too, but I'm
somewhat confused - do I have to wait for 3.8 for this feature or if I
can use the 3.7 Stable branch and make my own "release" to deploy. -
Or do I need to follow the "current" branch.

New features don't go into Stable, a Current snapshot is probably the best idea if you want to try it now.

How difficult is it to add ( patch ) the feature "sasync" into stable
or release ?

This is a bad idea, you would be running an unsupported frankenstein system that's difficult to support.

My understanding is that "Current" is not intended for production use
- as it's more a kind of "testing" version.

It's the development version, so things may be rewritten/changed at any point (unlike the -stable patch branch) so you should probably watch what's happening to look for things which may affect you (tech@ and the daily cvs-changes digest are worth reading). It's not really unstable code, but obviously you need to take a bit more care.