On 8/15/05, Matt Garman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm guessing that this has something to do with redirects on the
> target website.  I'm pretty sure that directon.com is actually an
> alias for some other URL.  I'm thinking that the pf ruleset on the
> OBSD box is not allowing this.
>
> I'm using the pf example from the OpenBSD FAQ:
>
>         http://openbsd.org/faq/pf/example1.html
>
> Has anyone else seen this before?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions,
> Matt

I was using this nat line:

nat on $ext_if from $int_if:network to any -> $ext_if

And it worked for maybe 95% of traffice but was there was subtle
breakage due to the fact that I had more than one address assigned to
ext_if. For some sites (some webmail, and aol instant messenger,
possibly others I didn't notice) it caused problems because the
traffic seemed to leave from one address and return to another.
Chaning the line to

nat on $ext_if from $int_if:network to any -> $ext_address

Where, obviously ext_address is an ip address in my usable range as
opposed to the name of the interface (xl0 in my case), solved the
strange issues I was having.    Not sure if you are having the same
issue...

Mike

PS Thanks to the the person in #openbsd who pointed out to me that
this has to do with Nat address pools:
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/pools.html#nat