Hi Gerardo, hi Gaby,

Gerardo Santana Gsmez Garrido wrote on Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 08:56:39AM -0500:
> On 8/16/05, Gaby vanhegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> http://www.openbsd.org.mx/pub/binpatch/
>> Has not built any patches for 3.7, despite there being 4 security
>> advisories published about it.
>
> I stop to build them [ironically] because of lack of resources.
> I lost them some months ago when I was unemployed (in January).
> But you can always donate to help me buy a new hard disk/PC and
> pay my Internet bill :)
>
>> Are there any other binpatch providers out there the people use?

Not yet.  But recently, i ported binpatch to OpenBSD 3.7 for my
own use.  Gerardo, would you think it useful if i put the result
public on www.studis.de?  Would you be willing to cross-check
in order to identify possible bugs?

We do have fast Ethernet (100 Mb/s) access to the german
Wissenschaftsnetz and are allowed to use it for research &
study puposes - which should in this case apply, imho.
Of course, i cannot guarantee that our server will stand
the load if *very* many people start using that - but i doubt
it will generate more traffic than the several dozen mailing
lists we are already running...

Yours,
  Ingo

--
Ingo Schwarze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
University of Karlsruhe student organisation