Stuart Henderson wrote:

--On 16 August 2005 16:49 +0100, Simon Slaytor wrote:

There's a nice little racket on ebay.co.uk at the moment with someone
selling 'Nortel E20B ethernet modems' and advertising them as
operating in RFC1483 bridge mode i.e. PPPoE which they do. The seller
does not however tell people that the units won't easily work with
PPPoA connections as found in the UK.

fwiw, PPPoE should work in UK too, it's been in the relevant BT SIN for a while now.

FWIW not all of us have BT as our ADSL line provider, I say line as obviously the circuit and Internet connectivity aspects of an ADSL service can be provided by different company's.

Also because many of you unfortunates DO have BT and they are rather tardy in their replacement schedule for the older PPPoA DSLAM's the statement whilst slightly generalised still holds true.