Guido Tschakert wrote:
> Jonathan Schleifer wrote:
>> I don't see where you set the MTU/MSS? Are you sure you have set them
>> somewhere else? eBay is known to have problems with bad/wrong MTU/MSS.
>> Try adding scrub out on $ext_if max-mss 1414 to your pf.conf and adding
>> -mtu 1454 to the route. Also take a look at pppoe(4) [*NOT* pppoe(8)!],
>> section MTU/MSS ISSUES.
>>
> Hello Jonathan,
>
> nice try, but i Don't use pppoe.
> We have a DSL-Router from our providewr and as I mentioned before, we
> had no Problems with the cisco-router doing the firewall job (Nat).

so, yes you DO use PPPoE.  DSL systems VERY often have a
smaller-than-possible MTU.
This often causes problems much like you describe.

Just set it in your hostname.<if> file.
Google for simple ping tests to find the maximum MTU you can use in your
precise case...and see if setting the firewall accordingly solves your
problem.

Nick.