Moritz Grimm wrote:

Stephan A. Rickauer wrote:

The question is how you OpenBSD guys handle the upgrade issue. From the website I learned that -STABLE is maintained for only one year (= two releases). Given that upgrading by skipping one release is not recommended, does that mean one needs to upgrade the entire OS every half year? I couldn't get that from the website.

Of course, simply swapping out harddrives with an upgraded installation is another possibility.

Moritz

I second that motion. GENERIC allows for you to build and test on *whatever* hardware and then with minimal changes plug the hdd into the new machine and you're off running.

Disk arrays cause a bit of a cluster in this theory, but still a workable solution and a lot better than downtime.

-JR