Jean-Daniel Beaubien wrote:
> Hi everyone, I'd like to get an idea of the status of DBMail on
> openBSD.  If anyone has had some experience with DBMail on obsd please
> let me know what you think about it.  Is it stable?  How is the speed?
> How's the initial setup?
>
> I know I there's a dbmail mailing list...but I wanted a non-partisan
> opinion.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jean-Daniel
>

> P.S.  Anyone has an approx ETA until we can pre-order 3.8 cds?

I've never used DBMail on OpenBSD but I experimented with it a fair deal
on FreeBSD 5.x a few months back when I was playing around with
different imap implementations.

While I liked the idea of using mysql backend for storing mail I found
that the read/write performance was very poor when faced with larger
imap folders (>5000 messages). I eventually abandoned it for cyrus-imapd
which handles folders >20000 messages without a stutter.

If high-performance is a priority for you, I'd recommend you look
elsewhere. But, as always, YMMV.