On 9/12/05, Joco Salvatti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'd like to know if anyone can tell me a good text editor that runs under X
> environment.

Ted 2.17  http://www.nllgg.nl/Ted/  an *.rtf editor has been tested
heavily on OpenBSD 3.5 and 3.6. Get the ted-2.17.src.tar.gz tarball.
You can install it as a local user.
To do that:
1) Unpack the tarball.
2) Make sure that you have openmotif installed (usr/ports/ x11/openmotif).
3) As a regular user do $ make
4) Then do  $ make private

Ted will create 4 directories: ~/Ted, ~/bin, ~/afm and ~/ind.
Ted can export to *pdf using the script ~/Ted/rtf2pdf.sh and also save
*.rtf documents to *.html. In addition it can copy and paste images as
well as text.
Spell check is available in Spanish and Portuguese also.

--
Kind regards,
Jonathan