On Tuesday, September 13, 2005, 21:31:51, Mattias R. Lindgren wrote:
> I'm using an OpenBSD 3.7 box to try to connect to our cisco
> concentrator at work. Here is what I was sent by our network admin:
>
> 10.0.0.0/0.0.0.255
> 192.168.240.0/0.0.15.255
> 172.22.0.0/0.0.0.255
> 10.10.0.0/0.0.255.255
> 10.20.0.0/0.0.255.255

OK,  instead  of  netmasks  it  looks  like  he  gave you Cisco wildcard
patterns  where  the  0's are the bits that are constant and the 1's are
the bits allowed to change.

For  this  trivial  case  of a sequence of zeros followed by ones simply
take the ones complement to get the desired netmask.

> [work-10_10]
> ID-type= IPV4_ADDR_SUBNET
> Network= 10.10.0.0
> Netmask= 0.0.255.255

Use 255.255.0.0 to identify the 10.10/16 network.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     "The avalanche has already started, it is too
Rod Dorman              late for the pebbles to vote."  Ambassador Kosh