From: Vinicius Pavanelli Vianna [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> They say all their ifaces are forced to 100 full duplex, when i try to
> autoneg with their switches i always got 100 half duplex, and
> the speed
> is bad, so i forced all to 100 full duplex so i can get some speed,
> don't ask me why they switch didn't autoneg to full duplex since they
> asked me to put all my machines in full duplex...

Your ISP asked you to set full duplex because they are explicitly forcing
full duplex on their end of the link. You can't have one side of a link
forced and one side set to autonegotiate and expect them to negotiate. One
side will try to negotiate, the other side will not, so the first one
settles for half-duplex. It's referred to as a duplex mismatch. Either force
both sides or negotiate both sides.

DS