Edd Barrett wrote:
Hi,

My laptop has a wifi and a wired connection. Sometimes my wifi is
unreliable and does not work atall , so it is useful to plug in a cat5
cable instead. OpenBSD still tries to use wifi. I thought perhaps it
might time out and decide to use the wired interface, but it does not.
Th only solution is to su to root and rename hostname.wi0 then run
/etc/netstart. Not ideal for a desktop system for everyday use.

Can anyone think of a practical solution?

Thanks

Best Regards

Edd

maybe you could use 'ifconfig wi0 down' (that disables all the routes configured to that interface)..? and than the whole traffic would be passed through the 'wired' interface (assuming proper config on that interface).

or

you could try to manipulate the routing tables via route(8).

take care..
--
Przemyslaw Nowaczyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CS student @ Poznan University of Technology