--On 29 September 2005 17:17 +1000, 2ds wrote:

Firstly I'd like to set up an openbsd router to send packets out two
different internet connections
based on port. this seems like a simple RDR to me but my attempts at
this have failed.

Read about route-to and reply-to in pf.conf(5), they're very useful options on a multihomed host.

Also I'd like to be able to split bandwidth dynamically between ip
addresses trying to access the net.

I was able to do this very easily on freebsd but have no idea of how
to do it with open bsd that doesn't involve manually typing each
ip address in.

Maybe HFSC will do something similar to what you want, but I'm not sure.. I guess you're using ipfw/dummynet on FreeBSD which implements a WFQ variant. altq originally did WFQ but this wasn't merged back in after the PF/altq integration.