Andreas Kahari wrote:
> On 03/10/05, Bryan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I recently attempted to dualboot my laptop with Windows XP.  I was
>> following the FAQ and came to the point where I issued this command:
>
> First you say:
>> "dd if=/dev/rsd0a of=openbsd.pbr bs=512 count=1"
>
> later you quote the docs:
>> # dd if=/dev/rwd0a of=/mnt/openbsd.pbr bs=512 count=1
>
> I see "rwd0a" in the document, not "rsd0a".

Eh?  Look at http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html#Multibooting:

# dd if=/dev/rsd0a of=openbsd.pbr bs=512 count=1

However, that's entirely dependent on the device to which you are
installing, although the FAQ doesn't make that clear.

Other parts of the install process make it very clear what drive
(typically wd0 for IDE drives and sd0 for SCSI drives) is being used, what
is not so clear to a new user is that 'rsdX' is the raw version of the
'sdX' block device, and 'rwdX' is the raw version of the 'wdX' block
device.
--
 Matthew Weigel
 hacker