To: "Sophie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Chris Kuethe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <misc@openbsd.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 08, 2005 8:57 PM
Subject: Re: "ATI SB200 USB" ports on Toshiba Satellite

On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 05:38:10PM +1000, Sophie wrote:
Hi Chris and thanks for the reply.

I know that if it's not loudly announced here there's
a good chance it won't be looked at but my soundcard
was in the same boat as the USB (It's an ATI
IXP200 - also an uncommon beast - now works under
3.8 using the auixp driver). I never saw anything
mentioned about my difficult soundcard in misc or
anywhere else for that matter and yet 3.8 supports
it (there are still Linux distros out there that don't).

I don't care about anything else other than the USB ports.
REALLY: This is making life unbearable.
I can't use a USB mouse and I have no serial ports.
I have no mouse (the touchpad doesn't work properly).
I can't use any USB devices at all (but the mouse is all
that matters to me). I'm desperate. I LOVE OpenBSD
and have been a follower for many years now but this is
making the OpenBSD experience extremely extremely painful
and almost impossible to use whether in X or console.

I realize they can only do what they can do and if it's
unfixable, then I won't know what to do then, but for
the last year and a half, I've waited to see if the new release
will fix it and I don't know how many CD's I've wasted
trying the 3.8 snapshots ever time they're updated, to
no avail.

Please help me.

SophieL

ATI do not make public the relevant information required
to make this work.