On 03/11/2011 07:01 AM, Bret Lambert wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 12:22 AM, Leen Besselink
> <open...@consolejunkie.net> > Hi folks,
>> Sorry for hijacking this thread.
>>
>> I also have a Dell machine with em(4)'s.
>>
>> When I upgraded a machine from 4.3 or 4.4 to 4.7 the kernel is leaking
>> memory I've been looking at it ever since. This was just before 4.8 came
>> out so it didn't get 4.8.
>>
> There have been a number of mbuf leak fixes between 4.8 and 4.9.
>
> Reinstall with 4.9/current and repeat your tests.

Hi,

Thanks for that info.

I first tried looking into a fix someone sent me off-list, but it did
not apply to the problem I'm having.

I'll need a bit more time before I can install a snapshot.

Hopefully I can say if it fixes the problem I'm having before the 4.9
release.

I'm now downloading the files from the 2 March snapshot.

Installing a snapshot doesn't sound very practical though for a
production system.

There is no src.tgz either is there ?

Is there a tag in CVS which points to the source checkout when the
snapshot was made ?

Just in case it doesn't fix it and I want to check some things.

Maybe I should just build it from a CVS-checkout of OPENBSD_4_9 instead ?

That ought to all be stable code right ?

Thanks again.

Have a nice day,
    Leen.