On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 22:28:26 +0000
Kevin Chadwick wrote:

> Drives zeroed
>
> /sbin/vnconfig -ck svnd0 /dev/wd1c
> /sbin/disklabel -E svnd0
> /sbin/newfs /dev/rsvnd0a
> /sbin/newfs /dev/rsvnd0d
>
> /sbin/vnconfig -ck svnd1 /dev/wd0l
> /sbin/disklabel -E svnd1
> /sbin/newfs /dev/rsvnd1a
>
> reboot, I guess disklabel -c would do the same
>
> wd0l and svnd1 work fine (disklabels visible and work fine)
>
> I have to recreate the disklabel for wd1 and svnd0 after which it works
> fine untill the next reboot (data accessed).

Ahh shit, Sorry I must have bin a bit tired. That's the working version,
the version which was forgetting it's disklabel and which I'm still
clueless about follows. I think I'll follow the consensus and switch it
to a file on a FFS in wd1a like I used to anyway, even though I'll have
backups. mkfile would be handy to avoid waiting on dd, but hey testing
a drive just before encryption must be a good idea.

 Drives zeroed

 /sbin/disklabel -E wd1
 /sbin/vnconfig -ck svnd0 /dev/wd1a
 /sbin/disklabel -E svnd0