On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 05:21:11PM +0200, Tobias Crefeld wrote:
> I think about installing an OpenBSD-guest on a XEN-Host (Debian
> Squeeze), all OS as 64bit-version alias "amd64". Are there any
> experiences with OpenBSD as Dom-U?

It's probably much more straightforward to run kvm-qemu instead of XEN.
OpenBSD works fine as a guest using kvm/kvm-qemu and a CPU which
supports hardware virtualization (egrep "svm|vmx" /proc/cpuinfo).  On
the first boot after install, boot into ukc and disable mpbios.
Afterwards, disable mpbios in /bsd with 'config' and it should work
fine.

> The guest will be a firewalling-router with ospfd, bind, openvpn and 6
> ethernet-interfaces.

I've successfully run IPSEC (iked and isakmpd both work), bridging and
various network services this way.

> Any comments are welcome!
>
> Regards, Tobias.

John