> > this was in FAQ7.5 Code. But I have found just only destroyed console at
> > ttyC5. Man page of wsconscfg is more confusing.

I don't know what destroyed means (blank?). I have a very old laptop.

If I do

 wsfontload -h 8 -e ibm /usr/share/misc/pcvtfonts/vt220l.808
 wsconscfg -dF 5
 wsconscfg -t 80x50 5

I get white lines filling the screen.

but if I do

 wsfontload -h 8 -e ibm /usr/share/misc/pcvtfonts/vt220l.808
 wsconscfg -dF 5
 wsconscfg -t 80x50 5
 wsfontload -h 8 -e ibm /usr/share/misc/pcvtfonts/vt220l.808

It works perfect. I always thought this looked too squashed with the 80
column limit and I'd have to spend ages hunting font files but on this
old laptop with display set to expand in the bios, it looks great :-).

ttyC0 looks like it's in Grandad mode though.