Top posting only because this phone's current Email client forces me to.

I think that admonition looks like it was in regards to my post. A ">" or two
are absent. The link was Tyler's, not mine.

roberth <rob...@openbsd.pap.st> wrote:

On Wed, 04 May 2011 15:38:46 -0700 Tyler Morgan <tyl...@tradetech.net> wrote:
> On 5/4/2011 10:04 AM, Josh Grosse wrote: > http://www.ec (plz all stop
pushing that links search engine rank.) > I think this is mainly due to the
fact that softraid can't be used > for the root partition (or booted off of,
for now). This leads > everyone to follow RAIDFrame guides to install OpenBSD
onto software > RAID1, but nobody bothers to mention that RAIDFrame isn't
actually > maintained anymore. > > And I have a feeling it's why my routers
crash once every few months > or so with some odd, sd0/sd1 related FIFO errors
(using SSDs too...). > I'm currently pulling RAIDFrame out of various routers
and not using > any RAID at all anymore -- CARP + pfsync + duplicate hardware
is > enough for what these routers do. > > In no way am I blaming anyone here
-- it's obviously my fault that I > didn't read the 4.7 FAQ closer and learn
about softraid -- but I > think large amounts of people are being lead to
RAIDFrame via Google > without fully realizing what they are using or why they
might be > making a bad decision. Along the line of: "Why tf doesn't my
root-partition change often enough, so that i am not ok by simply using
ALTROOT? Didn't expect me to read the afterboot manpage as i was prompted,
didn't you?" (Not addressing you personally, just picking up the vibe.)