2011/5/12 Tom Murphy <open...@pertho.net>:
> Can someone recommend what the qlimit and tbr should be when throttling
> a connection to just under 100 megabits?

>From what I observed, for TCP are the defaults mostly sufficient (if
you're not running tests originating at the router). I've never played
with tbr (didn't need to).
As for UDP, I use qlen 600 because of small DNS bursts (usually once
per two hours); apart from suppressing messages in logs I don't think
it was actually necessary. It usually handles from 40 to 120 mbit/s of
traffic.

> One of my concerns is we have an OpenVPN running with UDP. Lots of
> dropped packets would be rather catastrophic for it.

When dropped packets are 'rather catastrophic', why on earth do you
use udp then?

--
Martin Pelikan