-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: owner-m...@openbsd.org [mailto:owner-m...@openbsd.org] Pe vegne af
Stuart Henderson
Sendt: den 11 maj 2011 21:11
Til: SpamTrap
Cc: misc@openbsd.org
Emne: Re: I hate Spam

In gmane.os.openbsd.misc, you wrote:
> I'm new to this list and to OpenBSD,  and currently signed up for misc,
> ports and www lists,
>
> and receive a lot of spam mail through the lists.

Most of it is on www@ (because the address is at the bottom of
many of the web pages), unsubscribe from that and you'll see a big
reduction.

> Just wondering how other subscribers solving this mather ?

Personally I read these lists on gmane.org via NNTP, using slrn
with decent killfiles which get rid of a lot of the junk (and
even better, can killfile a thread or an annoying person with
about 3 keypresses, which saves way more time than the spam
filtering).

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, looks like you're right about www.
Think I will drop that list. Not because of the spam, but it don't seem to
be very productive anyway.

This far, the mail I receive from the OpenBSD lists, approximately 25% is
spam, ( subscribed for 3 days )
and that made me a bit curious, because I'm also subscribed to several list
at FreeBSD but don't see this pattern there.

The main reason for me bringing up this subject, is to try to get a grip on
the 3 tools I'm using. Spamd, spamassassin and procmail.

The relevant part of my sendmail.cf :
dnl
FEATURE(local_procmail)dnl
MAILER(procmail)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`clmilter',`S=local:/var/clamav/clmilter.sock, F=,
T=S:4m;R:4m')dnl
Dnl

Spamd : enabled greylisting

Spamassassin : edited local.cf and manually added blacklist_from entries.

Procmail : my procmailrc looks like this:
DROPPRIVS=yes
:0fw
| /usr/local/bin/spamc
:0:
in-x-spam

I suspect the key to success is to configure procmailrc in a proper way ?

Open for all suggestions, pointers in the right direction etc.....

And yes, I have tried googling and reading man pages, but off course missed
the point :-)

/Hasse