On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 10:21:33AM -0500, Emilio Perea wrote:
> Since installing yesterday's snapshot on amd64:
>
> OpenBSD 4.9-current (GENERIC.MP) #111: Wed May 11 10:41:28 MDT 2011
>     t...@amd64.openbsd.org:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
>
> I lost the ability to login to sshd using publickey:
>
> $ ssh hermes
> Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
>
> A kernel compiled from -current source behaves the same way.  I had
> "PasswordAuthentication no" in /etc/ssh/sshd_config, which I had to
> remove in order to login.  Is this due to a change in configuration file
> syntax that I missed, or a bug?

Sorry for the previous... This is what I missed:

----- Forwarded message from Damien Miller <d...@cvs.openbsd.org> -----

Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 22:47:06 -0600 (MDT)
From: Damien Miller <d...@cvs.openbsd.org>
To: source-chan...@cvs.openbsd.org
Subject: CVS: cvs.openbsd.org: src

CVSROOT:        /cvs
Module name:    src
Changes by:     d...@cvs.openbsd.org    2011/05/10 22:47:06

Modified files:
        usr.bin/ssh    : servconf.h servconf.c pathnames.h
                         auth2-pubkey.c auth.h auth.c

Log message:
remove support for authorized_keys2; it is a relic from the early days
of protocol v.2 support and has been undocumented for many years;
ok markus@

----- End forwarded message -----

I have been using authorized_keys2 for quite a while...