On Fri, 20 May 2011 17:49:22 -0500, John Jackson wrote:

>On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 08:26:50AM +1000, Rod Whitworth wrote:
>> Better tha
>> iptables?
>> http://www.esecurityplanet.com/news/article.php/3934151/Fedora-15-Boosts
>> -Linux-Security.htm
>> maybe...
>>
>> But apps opening pinholes?
>
>That's just asking for trouble!
>

>> Oh dear.
>>
>> Those of us running pf for years know that being able to do rule
>> changes on the fly is a Good Thing(tm).
>
>It's actually quite easy to make on the fly changes with iptables.  The
>author may have misquoted.

Hardly. It is the entire rationale for having the new firewall.

*** NOTE *** Please DO NOT CC me. I <am> subscribed to the list.
Mail to the sender address that does not originate at the list server is
tarpitted. The reply-to: address is provided for those who feel compelled to
reply off list. Thankyou.

Rod/
---
This life is not the real thing.
It is not even in Beta.
If it was, then OpenBSD would already have a man page for it.