I tried to build a sol console connection on Dell PE T310/OpenBSD 4.8/
iDRAC6 embedded BMC using ipmitool (downloaded from ports' webpage).

Enabling IPMI in kernel (using config) gives an access to sensors, but
I cannot establish any
remote  sol console connection to this machine even from computers in
the same LAN.

I googled the web and found no solution (in april 2010 there was
a similar question posted here - no answer).

Did anyone solve the problem?
It's possible to establish something like that?

BTW
The analoguous solution worked on FreeBSD 8.1 on the same machine
I used the same BIOS settings to both systems.
Under FreeBSD i set the asf flag, installed ipmitool and it worked.
Under OpenBSD i enabled ipmi, installed ipmitool and it didnn't work.

MC

Marek Czubenko

Uczelniane Centrum                      Information & Communication
Informatyczne                           Technology Centre
Uniwersytet Miko3aja Kopernika          Nicolaus Copernicus University
Pl. Rapackiego 1,  87-100 Toruq         Pl. Rapackiego 1,  87-100 Torun
tel: +48 56 611-27-38                   phone: +48 56 611-27-38

          PGP: http://www.umk.pl/~mc10/pgp_public_key