Hi Amit,

Thanks for the response.

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Amit Kulkarni <amitk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I just realized I am having exactly the same problem described in this
>> thread:
>>
>> http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=127601909229979&w=2
>>
>> In my case, I also see an error:
>>
>> mtrr set failled: invalid argument
>
> I also see it daily on amd64 but there is no problem with X for me.
> IMHO that's not relevant at all.

Well, in my case, after a while, X gets slow and unresponsive.
Moreover, I didn't see this behavior before. This also makes the
battery goes down quickly.

> Check your /var/log/Xorg.0.log for error messages and post your
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf (if any). If you don't have a xorg.conf, there is a
> default one created for you, bits and pieces of which is visible in
> the /var/log/Xorg.0.log  (and /var/log/Xorg.0.log.old) file.
>
> Make sure everything is current including kernel, userland, and
> xenocara to eliminate other variables. Sometimes you have upgraded
> kernel and userland but not xenocara.

I upgraded everything with bluesnapper except the kernel. I updated
the kernel from CVS and compile.

Given the message: "mtrr set failed: Invalid argument" I am starting
to think there is some API problems. Somehow my kernel is not the
right one for the userland in bluesnapper.

Thanks,
Luis.