On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 22:30:51 -0500
Corey wrote:

> Why?  Because people on this list grew weary of answering questions
> about what they should be set to, or asking why people (unnecessarily)
> tweaked them? :)
>
> Seriously, the OpenBSD devs tend to eschew "knobs", and they probably
> found a good way to eliminate these, as someone stated.  But then again
> there _were_ an awful lot of those questions...

I'm sure that's part of the motivation but these are now automatically
and dynamically tuned now. There was some discussion about bringing
them back for particular cases as an override. Not sure or can't
remember what the outcome was, many would leave them on and get worse
performance as a result and I think the particular case brought up was
already catered for.

It's in the archives. I think Claudios posts likely give the answers.