terry tyson wrote:
On 10/20/05, Sophie L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I still don't know what offended you...

I can't speak for Theo but this may have been it.

Also, USB works under NetBSD 2.0/Linux (FC3-4, SuSe - I've tried

it).

How did they get it working?
How come OpenBSD developers can't?

That would offend me.

Terry

I don't want to speak for everyone but I am pretty sick of
this exchange, I think most are...

The reason that the USB dosent work could have been solved
by greping the source, you have it use it!

from src/sys/arch/i386/pci/pci_machdep.c
line 531
        printf("pci_intr_map: no mapping for pin %c\n", '@' + pin);
reading the comment above it:
        /*
         * Section 6.2.4, `Miscellaneous Functions', says that 255 means
         * `unknown' or `no connection' on a PC.  We assume that a device with
         * `no connection' either doesn't have an interrupt (in which case the
         * pin number should be 0, and would have been noticed above), or
         * wasn't configured by the BIOS (in which case we punt, since there's
         * no real way we can know how the interrupt lines are mapped in the
         * hardware).
         *
         ... (more unrelated text)
        */

Well since the pin number isnt 0 or it would have been noticed above we might
conclude that the bios didnt configure it, and since it works on NetBSD and
Linux both of which use ACPI (as does Windows) we can conclude that your
bios vendor was too lazy to provide proper legacy suport, armed with that
you could then look for a work arround in the bios, or you can send them
a polite letter informing them of their screw up.

GWK