Dear Sophie

I think you have misunderstood the main point of OpenBSD. OpenBSD isn't developed for you! The developers develope for themselves!

If you need anything - write the stuff yourself, if you can't then just ask nicely, otherwise buy hardware that is supported or run something that works on your hardware - it's your choise!

Maybe no one wants to help with that particular driver, maybe nobody has the time, maybe nobody think that particular driver is important - so what?! With all due respect, OpenBSD isn't about you!

> I've been very patient waiting for support for
> over a year now and the more time that passed, the less i could see my
> chances of being able to use it.

You have been very patient.. so what? The OpenBSD team of developers doesn't owe you anything. They have developed the OS for themselves and you have bought a CD with a copy of the system over the last couple of years..

> If you count all of the OpenBSD CD releases that I've already bought
> in the past, I've  already paid for it

Shame on you Sophie!! You haven't paid for anything! If you truly where to pay the price the system is worth, you would find yourself paying thousands of dollars. The price of the CD hardly covers the work it is to buy an empty CD, manufacture the CD and ship the CD.

Many of us experience the same as you! I too have experienced hardware that isn't supported on OpenBSD, but OpenBSD's goal isn't to support every piece of hardware that exists. I could imagine that one of the most borring tasks would be to write drivers for hardware, especially hardware one doesn't even use.

If it is that much of a problem get another computer!! Do something constructive to solve your problem instead! And if you can't you proberly just have to live with this anyway!

You have apologized and you are desperate, but really - I think you kindda blew it.

Best regards,
Rico

Sophie L wrote:
Hi Theo,

Straight up, I'm very sorry. It was not my intention to be rude and I'm
not a rude person. All I am is desperate to be able to use OpenBSD
again. The fact is I have been a supporter and advocate for OpenBSD for
many years and I admire you for what you've done. I just want to be able
to use OpenBSD again. I've been very patient waiting for support for
over a year now and the more time that passed, the less i could see my
chances of being able to use it. I'm wheelchair strickened due to a car accident as a child and OpenBSD
was a really great way to pass the time (it's more than that though - I
love it).

Please accept my appology and help me. As I said, I'm not a rude lady
and I'm sorry I may have come accross like that.

Cheers,
SophieL