Nick Holland wrote:

>Were I a betting man, I'd bet the 1205SA is supported by the pciide(4)
>driver.  It appears to be a very basic SATA controller.  If it's not
>supported by pciide, it probably could be.  Probably isn't even an
>Adaptec chip on it.

You're right... pulling back the sticker, it's a Silicon Image
SIL3112ACT144, which (from i386.html, forgot to look there first, my
bad) looks to be supported already.

>>Semi-related:  I've also got a Promise PDC20269 PATA-133 controller
>>sitting around that any dev is welcome to if that driver (probably part
>>of wd or pciide) needs work.
>>

>That chip/card is specifically listed in i386.html (pciide, again), is
>there a problem you are having with it?

No problems... actually, I've never even pulled it out of the bag (it
was included with a 300G hard drive I bought a year or two ago).  Just
figured I'd offer it on the off chance someone needed one to hack on.