On 2011-08-04, Jonathan Thornburg <jth...@astro.indiana.edu> wrote:
> What's the status of suspend/resume on thinkpad T60 series models,
> particularly the T60 with T7200 cpu?  So far as I know these are ACPI
> and I know there have been a lot of improvements lately... but on
> 2010-10-23 Luca Corti <luca () fantacast ! it>
> (message <http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=128780398703487&w=1>)
> reported
>> Dmesg from my T60 (T7200) below.
>>
>> No big issues, but the fan is in fact a bit loud on OpenBSD, even when
>> running apmd -C. It could even suspend and resume correctly recently,
>> then stopped working but I don't mind since I don't use s/r.
> [[...]]
>> OpenBSD 4.8-current (GENERIC.MP) #591: Tue Oct 19 11:45:02 MDT 2010
>>     dera...@amd64.openbsd.org:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
>
> Does suspend/resume work on T60 as of 4.9-{release,stable}?  -current?

It does not work in 4.9. I haven't checked -CURRENT but I don't expect
it to work on -CURRENT either. It used to work at some point but I think
it was a change to the radeon driver that broke it (I assume you have a
radeon card). As of now it suspends but does not resume.

Best regards,
Jona

--
Pond-erosa Puff wouldn't take no guff