Same prob with an ati descrete graphics card. I switched back to i9x with some
flickers & it worked fine.

Sent from my BlackBerry. wireless device

-----Original Message-----

From: dsp <d...@2f30.org>

Sender: owner-misc@openbsd.orgDate: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 21:02:46

To: <misc@openbsd.org>

Subject: strange X problem after Aug11 snapshot

Hi list :)

sorry for not be able to debug this problem a lot but

i haven't the slightest idea where to start!

after the Aug 11 snapshot i started to experience screen blackenings

when i start an application like scummvm or dosbox.

When i click somewhere outside the application window though

i force the screen to be redrawn , and i get back my desktop ;)

(and everything works ok while i remain outside the dosbox/scummvm

window)

nothing is shown in any log and with any verbosity level.

i also tried different WMs so that is not the problem.

i am on amd64 and my vga card is an NVIDIA GeForce 6200 (nv).

attached dmesg/Xlog

thanks a lot and enjoy the rest of the summer ;)

DsP