hmm, on Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 06:20:13PM -0400, Ted Unangst said that
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011, frantisek holop wrote:
>

> > it's not like there are no reasonable alternatives.  nginx for example
> > has a nice security record and a 2 clause bsd license.  but as it's in
> > the ports i personally dont care if it's in base or ports.  sendmail and
> > apache are really the only things in openbsd base that baffle me
> > everytime i cross paths with them.  they represent everything the
> > openbsd philosophy refuses.
>
> They represent the backwards compatible and don't go chasing the newest
> thing because it's new parts of the philosophy.  That doesn't mean the
> same choices to include them would be made today, but the decision isn't
> being made today either.

choices are being made every day :]

plenty of examples in openbsd for much more radical changes,
openbsd is certainly not in the category of the faint hearted.
(ripping out a whole firewall anyone?)

now this is not about me pushing e.g. nginx as an apache
replacement in base.  before these very usable alternatives
i was quite happy to have a reliable web server in base,
just like anyone else.  but for me it's really time to move on.

-f
--
name a psychological rock group?  pink freud!