On 10/23/05, Matthew Weigel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well, except that hard links are filesystem specific, you can't cross
> filesystem boundaries with one.
>
> Also, depending on design, you probably actually want a single RO
> filesystem to serve as / for all diskless clients, and have smaller
> per-client RW volumes (like /etc) or per-user RW volumes (so each machine
> is identical and everyone can use each machine).
uhm, so it would be possible sharing all dirs except /etc?
what happens to /dev when a few clients want to access the same device?

Each machine is identical?
yes maybe in that case that would work. But where I'm going to use my
doc is a uni env where all the clients are not identical. Even if they
were, what would you do if hw failed on one  of clients?

And about keeping them synced, master.passwd is the most important
thing for keeping the 'accounts' intact.

So a script that sync one of the clients from server, and then all the
other clients can sync from that up2date client.

I would say next to master.passwd the important thing that should be
synced is /usr which already in my case is mounted.

Remeber that if the purpose is 'personal' thin clients you would
confuse ppl saving tons of files in everyones /home.
/bkw