Hi.

I'm using some old gear that doesn't support WPA or better (WEP only).
Until I get around to that what are my options security wise?

Here's the machines:

inet <-> OpenBSD <-> CPE AP <-> USB <-> OpenBSD <-> desktops

The AP is some Cisco or something. Like those WRT54s and whatnot.
I notice it has options for L2TP pass through and maybe IPSEC and PPTP.
I'm not really sure how they work that (no man pages of course).
The USB stick is old and WEP only (Netgear MA111).

I have control over all the machines
It's a bit dual purpose - it's my route to the internet so I figure
encrypting/decrypting at the OpenBSD machines or tunneling between
them or something is probably good but the plan is also to access the
immediate inet OpenBSD machine from the desktop end OpenBSD machine
via SSH at some point but I'm not sure if that matters.

I'm unfamiliar with all of that (yes even SSH).
I'd like to use something that's in base at a minimum.
If it's conceptually simple that's a bonus.

Best wishes.