On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:45:23 +1030, Giridhari wrote:

>Why does it say on http://www.openbsd.org/anoncvs.html
>
>  a.. NOTE: If you are updating a source tree that you initially fetched from
>a different server, or from a CD, you must add the -d
>anon...@anoncvs.ca.openbsd.org:/cvs options to cvs.
>       # cd /usr/src
>       # cvs -d anon...@anoncvs.ca.openbsd.org:/cvs -q up -Pd
>Why But this is not mentioned on
>http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html#BldGetSrc in the section on Pre-loading
>the tree ?

Because the instructions for following current or stable (above your
referenced URL) include the recipe in full. e.g.

# cd /usr
# export CVSROOT=anon...@anoncvs.example.org:/cvs
# cvs -d$CVSROOT checkout -P src

for current and the similar set for stable.

*** NOTE *** Please DO NOT CC me. I <am> subscribed to the list.
Mail to the sender address that does not originate at the list server is
tarpitted. The reply-to: address is provided for those who feel compelled to
reply off list. Thankyou.

Rod/
---
This life is not the real thing.
It is not even in Beta.
If it was, then OpenBSD would already have a man page for it.

  • CVS Giridhari
    • Re: CVS Rod Whitworth
    • Re: CVS James A. Peltier