On 10/16/11 17:20, Christer Solskogen wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 5:58 PM, Christer Solskogen
> <christer.solsko...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Then this happend:
>> boot> boot hd0a:/bsd
>> booting hd0a:/bsd: /
>>
>> And it stops there. This is with the most recent snapshot.
>
> And now I installed again, but with auto layout of the partitions. And
> now the machine boots. Is there a limit of how big / can be?
> The machine have a 1TB disk. The attempt that failed I created a
> root-fs that was 90% of the disk (and swap for the rest).

Hi,

>From FAQ 14.8 What are the issues regarding large drives with OpenBSD?

"The boot/installation kernels only support FFS, not FFS2, so key system
partitions (/, /usr, /var, /tmp) should not be FFS2, or severe
maintenance problems can arise (there should be no reason for those
partitions to be that large, anyway). For this reason, very large
partitions should only be used for "non-system" partitions, for example,
/home, /var/www/, /bigarray, etc."