> I am looking into best performance laptops.
>
> I am looking at:
>
> RAM size
> CPU frequency/number of cores etc.
> GPU (not integrated, if possible)
> WiFI - Wireless performance/speeds

One thing you did not mention, but is important to consider, is the running
temperature of different machines under load. For instance, my HP G42 is AMD
Turion II P540 Dual-Core Processor, 2394.57 MHz, but running under load it gets
very hot (this is whether using windows, linux, or openbsd). So hot that I feel
it would do damage to the thing to run at full speed, so I generally run at
hw.setperf of 50%.
e.g.:
$ sense
hw.sensors.acpitz0.temp0=69.00 degC (zone temperature)
hw.sensors.sdtemp0.temp0=49.25 degC
hw.sensors.km0.temp0=69.50 degC
hw.cpuspeed=1900
hw.setperf=50

The above is the temp when basically sitting there doing nothing. Watching a
fullscreen vid or compiling something, and it can easily go over 90degC running
at hw.setperf=100 (in winter, with no dust in the machine).

Anyway the preformance is still pretty good when running at 1900MHz. So
basically I am saying be careful when looking at raw numbers like "CPU
frequency/number of cores etc"

> These parts are important for me to work flawlesly:
> - Wireless Internet (802.11n)

$ man athn (and man rum, etc):
"CAVEATS
     The athn driver does not support any of the 802.11n capabilities offered
     by the adapters.  Additional work is required in ieee80211(9) before
     those features can be supported."

Brett