ZZ Wave <zzw...@gmail.com> writes:

> What solution should be used for traffic shaping on real-life, "production"
> gateways with tens and hundreds users? PF queues seem to be too
> "userspace"-ish and CPU consuming.

PF setups with various altq disciplines are serving sites with larger
user bases than that.

If it's the altq syntax you object to, I'm slightly sympathetic, but a
whole new queueing system is being gradually introduced (the new prio
keyword is the first part), and from early access the new syntax will be
a lot easier to deal with.

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.bsdly.net/ http://www.nuug.no/