* David Walker on Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 07:20:43PM +1030:
> This BIOS is ... sad.
> It's mouse driven - the cursor is a bird that flaps its wings. :[

Some people at IBM really had too much time at their hands...

> There is a video option but it only disables the external monitor - I
> tried it anyway.

There should be an option that reads like 'H/V expansion'.
I have had several Thinkpads of that vintage myself (including a 600)
and remember that all of them had this kind of BIOS setting.

Some models also had an utility program (Windows-only, of course) that
did it in software---don't remember if this was also the case for the
600, though.

s//un

--
Frauen hinter den Herd?
Blvdsinn, wo die Schalter doch alle vorne sind!