I have dvd+rw tools and cdrecord still gives me this message...

cdrecord: This version of cdrecord does not include DVD-R/DVD-RW support
code.
cdrecord: If you need DVD-R/DVD-RW support, ask the Author for
cdrecord-ProDVD.
cdrecord: Free test versions and free keys for personal use are at
ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD/

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 2:04 AM, John Tate <j...@johntate.org> wrote:
> Make install does nothing in /usr/ports/sysutils/dvd+rw-tools/, and
> the ports is the tarball from
> ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/5.0/ports.tar.gz - it does not error
> there is simply no output. It does compile. I honestly think something
> has been missed. As for my confused posts, well, it happens I'm not
> perfect, but it has little baring on anything.
>
> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 10:49 PM, Rod Whitworth <glis...@witworx.com>
wrote:
>> On Mon, 14  22:07:06 +1100, John Tate wrote:
>>
>>>This has no 'make install' for some odd reason. I clearly should
>>>become a packager.
>>
>> I don't see that happening soon given your confused posts here.
>> It seems to be about time you did some learning.
>> packages are provided and are installed by using pkg_add(1). They are
>> pre-compiled and packaged for you.
>> You don't need make install unless you are compiling ports and raw
>> beginners are advised to use packages not ports.
>> In fact the only people who should be compiling ports are those who are
>> 1) competent in the art, 2) are doing it to test patches or upgrades
>> reported by maintainers or 3) have the skills in (1) and need to
>> upgrade to a published port for some technical reason and who know how
>> to make sure that their kernel and userland are recent enough to match
>> the new port version.

>> *** NOTE *** Please DO NOT CC me. I <am> subscribed to the list.
>> Mail to the sender address that does not originate at the list server is
tarpitted. The reply-to: address is provided for those who feel compelled to
reply off list. Thankyou.

--
www.johntate.org