On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:27:47PM +0400, Wesley M. wrote:

> Hi,

Hi,

> I seen http://www.opensmtpd.org
>
> Does exist a "stable" version ?
> can we put it on production ?

The very first line on the website says:

    "OpenSMTPD has not had a stable release yet !"

I guess it is self explanatory ;-)

When we have a stable release ready, we'll prepare an announcement, until
then the choice to put it in production or not is yours, but not
recommended as we still have 4 issues we consider showstoppers in the TODO.

eric, chl and I are working actively on fixing these amongst other things

> And what's about your handbook :
> https://www.poolp.org/OpenSMTPD/
>
> Possible to have this hanbook in french ?

Very unlikely.

Currently, it only contains a few pages and you will not learn anything
from it that isn't already explained in the man pages. It is still work
in progress, private and not very valuable.

When I think it is a worthy complement to the official docs, I will let
misc@ and tech@ know. For now you can assume it does not exist, I don't
know when it'll be ready as I only work on it when I'm bored from code.

Gilles

--
Gilles Chehade

http://www.poolp.org                                            @poolpOrg