I have a G4 Mac Mini (PowerMac 10,1) and have successfully installed OpenBSD
5.0 on it. I have also successfully built audacity from the ports tree. My
thought was to create a small footprint audio recording system for a small
charitable organization using OpenBSD.

I've had two small problems:

A. When sound is played e.g. When KDE starts up, there is a loud hissing
sound which comes from the internal speaker(s).

B. I am not really able to see any sound input coming from either the native
MacMini audio input/output jack (aoa) nor from a USB (iMic) microphone
(uaudio).

Audacity seems to only show one source of audio input: sndio.

Any help with be greatly appreciated. I do not want to have to go back to an
unsupported version of Mac OS X, nor a Linux/Debian option. Has anyone used
OpenBSD to do sound recording on a MacMini or other Apple PowerPC devices?

Russell

--
Russell Sutherand  I+TS
e: russell.sutherl...@utoronto.ca