On Thursday 27 October 2005 11:21, C. Bensend wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
>    I seem to have gotten myself into a pickle, and I'm not quite sure
> how screwed I am.
>
>    I have an AMD64 server that has been having some stability issues
[snip]

If you think you messed up with CVS, I'd move the /src dir to somewhere
and get everything again.  Perhaps someone else will look at your messages
and divine a more specific problem, but I've learned that when I make
a spectacular CVS blunder getting the last release tree, untaring it and
then CVSing from there has been a good way to fix things.  Later, you
can look at the wounded src tree and figure out what happened; I've
done that and learning about some of my blunders, but thats after I've
gotten a working system again.

--STeve Andre'