Hi,

I have just joined this mailing list, after installing
OpenBSD on my machine and starting an effort to
eventually migrate from Linux (for various reasons).

I am very pleased with the available documentation in
OpenBSD but I could not resolve the following issue:
I have a USB flash drive with an MSDOS file system, on
which I have a lot of files which will have to be copied
to the OpenBSD disk. I tried mounting the flash drive
according to the instructions in the FAQ, but after
issuing the mount command the red LED on the USB FD goes
off and after a while mount gives me the error message:
mount_msdos: /dev/sd8i on /mnt/flash: Input/output error

The flash drive work well in Linux, mount and read/write.

My thanks in advance.

Regards

Neoklis - Ham Radio Call 5B4AZ
QTH Locator KM64KR