On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 07:36:47PM +0200, Sigfred Heversen wrote:
> There is no hw.setperf available. The motherboard is ASRock K7VM4
> with a VIA KM400 chipset.
> cpu0: AMD Powernow: TS
Hello Sigfred,
Your processor lacks the necessary features to make use of this
new code (or any incarnation of the powernow code for that matter)
You can determin support for these features in a new snapshot
by looking for the line
cpu0: AMD Powernow: FID VID (other flags such as TS may be present
but are unrelated, TS is for the built in thermal sensor it isnt
supported yet, I would like to add it but setpef stuff needs to work
first and on that note in full disclosure there is a bug in patches I
sent to tedu I have sent him the fix not sure if there will be a
subsequent snapshot to test but its probably best to hold off testing the
setperf method until the fix is incorporated since it will hang your
system, if you dont use setperf, your system won't be affected.

GWK