Greetings,

        Any thoughts as to how to get around this - it's only been up for a few
days.
Rebooting my home router every 24 hours is not spouse endearing behavior :)

        Chris

On 28Nov2011, at 14.30, Chris Cappuccio wrote:

> here is the key error message. it means your whole ahci disk has disappeared
(and anything you can still run is happening from cache.)

> --
> ahci0: stopping the port, softreset slot 31 was still active.
> ahci0: failed to reset port during timeout handling, disabling it
> --
>
> likely a reboot will fix it. this is a known problem with ahci driver and
intel ahci controllers.

> the "failed to reset port" and "softreset slot was still active" problems
become really obvious once you start maxing out disks on an ahci controller
with a softraid array. they rarely present problems in normal use! but, the
SSD sata drive may evoke different behavior for some reason. i think
continuous runs of iogen over a RAID1 array might bring out similar issues all
by itself, even with regular hard disks

> dragonflybsd's port of openbsd's ahci driver has incorporated several of
workarounds for problems directly related to this. (reset this when that
happens, etc..) that might be a good place to start looking, if you can easily
reproduce the problem then you would know quickly when a ported fix from their
driver has helped.

--
ff/g?
Check my PGP key here: https://www.asgaard.org/~cdl/cdl.asc