I do thank those that have replied with comments and suggestions.

In my confusion, I feel forced to go back and re-assess some of my
unspoken assumptions about IPv6 addresses and routing.

On my small home network with Apple Airport router configured as tunnel
to tunnelbroker.net, my MacOSX machines can connect to IPv6 (www.kame.net)
but my OpenBSD 5.0 machine can't. I don't know why. I'd like it to work,
but I also hope to learn more about networking along the way.

I think my basic questions to make sure of my footing are:

- Am I right that - if my ifconfig only has an inet6 link-local address,
then I won't be able to connect to IPv6 hosts outside my local network?

- If my 'ifconfig re0' shows this:
re0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        lladdr 00:30:48:dc:75:df
        priority: 0
        groups: egress
        media: Ethernet autoselect (1000baseT full-duplex,master,
rxpause,txpause)
        status: active
        inet6 fe80::230:48ff:fedc:75df%re0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
then I won't be able to connect to global IPv6 hosts outside my network?

- If my router advertises the prefix 2001:470:1f07:15cc::/64,
then the appropriate global address would be:
2001:470:1f07:15cc:230:48ff:fedc:75df ?

- Does StateLess Address AutoConfiguration refer to the configuration of
just the link local address fe80::230:48ff:fedc:75df, or does it also
include the global address 2001:470:1f07:15cc:230:48ff:fedc:75df ?

- If 'netstat -f inet6 -rn' shows the row:
2001:470:1f07:15cc::/64            link#1                         UC
         0        0     -     4 re0
then that indicates my machine is seeing the router advertised prefix?

- Since my first post, I think I have realized that - in /etc/hostname.re0
the line 'rtsol', does _not_ mean that at boot time the program /sbin/rtsol
handles / performs SLAAC.
The 'rtsol' in hostname.re0 triggers certain actions in
/etc/netstart, correct?
'rtsol' does not configure address on interfaces, correct?

- (I admit I do not understand shell scripts)
/etc/netstart processes settings, and does both setting of address
on interfaces, and configures routes?

- The actual tool to set address is /sbin/ifconfig, correct?

- When hostname.re0 has 'rtsol', is /etc/netstart supposed to
(A) use the MAC or lladdr to configure the IPv6 link-local
 fe80::230:48ff:fedc:75df
_and_
(B) listen for route advertisement with prefix, and then configure
 the global IPv6 address with prefix:lladdr ?

- If (B) is true, then if my machine is correctly configured, I should
get ifconfig to show both:
        inet6 fe80::230:48ff:fedc:75df%re0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
and something like:
        inet6 2001:470:1f07:15cc:230:48ff:fedc:75df%re0 prefixlen 64
 scopeid 0x1

- If (B) is not true, then what is the right way to get the global address
configured at boot time?
- Will the global address need to be an 'alias' one, in addition to
the link-local one?

Thanks so much.