On Dec 5, 2011, at 1:12 PM, Jan Stary wrote:

>>> Even 'umount -f' doesn't unmount it?
>>>

> On Dec 05 13:06:14, Michael Durket wrote:
>> Yes - that fails as well.
>
> What kind of problem was there at the server?

I don't remember at this point - it was a long time ago - our Solaris NFS
servers are very flaky.
> (Could the connections to that server die?)
>
> Is the initial tcp connection still alive?

No.

> (pfctl -ss)
>
> Can you provide a full tcpdump of an umount attempt?

No - because a umount generates no network traffic. That's why I said that I
thought it was like some kind of latch - no traffic gets generated and OpenBSD
immediately responds to any mount / umount command with "nfs server not
responding".

I think the problem sounds more like what an earlier responder suggested -
that this was a problem at some point with TCP NFS in OpenBSD that has since
been fixed, so I either need to upgrade, or just give up on using TCP NFS.