On 12/14/2011 02:43 AM, Stuart Henderson wrote:
On 2011-12-14, Sean Kamath<kam...@moultingpenguin.com>  wrote:
On Dec 11, 2011, at 9:19 AM, Chris Bennett wrote:

this is the setup I use to upgrade and install on my remote server.
It works great. This would probably be a good purchase since you
could use it again in the future on other, later systems.
Chris Bennett
I use something similar:

http://us.adder.com/products/adderlink-ipeps

The run RealVNC on 'em, and cost a touch more, around $400.  You can have
multiple sessions, so up to 4 people can see the console at any given time.

I find they work well.
While these can be useful for remote installs, the bitmap display
from vnc isn't really useful with a screen reader (which is
what this thread was asking about).

Oh. I was under the impression that he was going to get assistance for the initial install.

But do screen readers require data to be sent over serial? I would thing that current ones would be able to deal with GUIs (using some sort of OCR, maybe), though I admit don't know the least bit about them.

--C