Hello Jorge,

> I read again your mail and now i'm lost !
>
> You Wrote:
>
> "How can I force my Extl. FW to reply on exactly the same interface it
> > > had been requested on?  For example I am running OpenVPN(1194/UDP)
> > > between my HomeOffice (Z=Client) and the Intl. FW(=Server). Alike I
> > > would appretiate SSH-portforwarding from Internet to the Intl. FW. "
>

> SSH port forwarding from internet to Internal server is something like :
>
> ext_if=vr0
> ext_ip=1.2.3.4
> Spvt= 4.5.6.7
>
> match in on $ext_if proto tcp from any to $ext_ip port 22 rdr-to $Spvt
>
> pass in on $ext_if proto tcp from any to $Spvt port 22
> pass out on $int_if proto tcp from any to $Spvt port 22
>

> The above line redirects all traffic coming from any place in internet to
> my external IP ( 1.2.3.4) to the server  4.5.6.7 which is located in my
> internal lan, in other words the packet comes in on external interface ,
> goes out on internal interface ..
>
> These works on OpenBSD 4.8 or newer !
>
> Is this what you need ?

no. Obviously I have not explained clearly what my problem is.

On my firewall I have TWO different internet connections. It is simple to
forward - for instance ssh -
from both connections to an internal machine. Now this machine answers and the
firewall sends the reply back. How can I force the firewall to send the reply
over exactly that interface the request came in? The problem is that the
client anywhere on the internet expects the answer from the very address it
had contacted. If now the reply comes from another address, it will get lost.

Best regards

Torsten

Torsten Finke
f...@igh-essen.com